[council] Update Statements of Interest for all GNSO Councillors 27 March 2006

GNSO.SECRETARIAT@GNSO.ICANN.ORG gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org
Mon Mar 27 03:04:44 UTC 2006

[To: council[at]gnso.icann.org]

Dear Council Members,

Please find updated Statements of Interest for
Bret Fausett and Bruce Tonkin.

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Glen

GNSO Council members Updated  Statements of Interest 13 March 2006

Bruce Tonkin - Registrar Constituency - GNSO Council chair

I am employed full-time as Chief Technology Officer by Melbourne IT
Limited.

Melbourne IT has a registrar accreditation agreement with ICANN.
Melbourne IT also has a contractual relationship with most gtld
registries (for a current list see
http://www.icann.org/registrars/accredited-list.html), and many cctld
registries as a registrar.
Ross Rader - - Registrar Constituency

I am the Director of Research and Innovation for Tucows Inc., an ICANN
accredited registrar and Internet services vendor. Tucows is a minority
shareholder in Afilias LLC, with roughly an 8% shareholding. Neither
Tucows, nor I, is in possession of, nor have access to Registry
Sensitive or Registry Proprietary information as defined by any relevant
registry operating contracts as a result of this relationship. Tucows
provides consulting and application hosting services to other registrars
and Internet services providers. I am not an officer, director,
consultant, or employee of any of these customer organizations nor am I
specifically involved in providing services to them.

The URL for this statement is:
http://www.byte.org/blog/_WebPages/StatementofInterestsforRossRader.html
Thomas Keller - - Registrar Constituency

I'm a fulltime employee of Schlund+Partner AG.

Schlund+Partner AG is ICANN accredited and is conducting business with
almost all major gTLDS and ccTLDs. Schlund holds a minority share in
Afilias LLC for investment purposes.Besides domain name registrations
Schlund is mainly offering webhosting and email services to end users.
I'm a member of the DENIC Technical Advisory Council.
Philip Sheppard - Commercial and Business Users Constituency

I am Public Affairs Manager for AIM - European Brands Association, a
Brussels-based trade association involved in public affairs activities.
AIM represents the branded goods industries in Europe on key issues
which affect the ability of brand manufacturers to design, distribute
and market their brands. AIM's membership groups 1800 companies of all
sizes through corporate members and national associations in 21
countries. These companies are mostly active in every day consumer
goods. AIM's mission is to create for brands an environment of fair and
vigorous competition, fostering innovation and guaranteeing maximum
value to consumers.

I hold various non-remunerated directorships unrelated to ICANN.
I am a contact point for several domain names.
Honorary positions:
- President elect 2007 International Public Relations Association
(IPRA), the global professional association for the PR profession.
- I am a Freeman of the City of London.
Marilyn Cade - Commercial and Business Users Constituency

I am an elected officer of and councilor to the gNSO Council from the
Commercial and Business Users Constituency (BC).

After an extensive career in an executive position in AT&T, I have
founded and manage a consulting business that is primarily focused on
Internet Governance and convergence issues involving Internet
infrastructure and applications. The primary services provided are
advice, advocacy/representation, and management and coordination of
policy development, involving diverse groups and competing interests.

My business is focused at the nexus of global policy and technological
convergence. The topics I address include, but are not limited to:
Internet Governance, VoIP, IP-TV, Data Retention, Internet intermediary
liability, SPAM, ICANN, and cyber security in IP networks. Specific
activities of the business at this time are the external coordination of
an independent external dispute process involving eligibility for
registration of domain names, representation and advice to both a mid
sized and multinational corporation on most of the topics mentioned
above. I also advise a global association that is focused on VoIP and IP
networking policies.

Other activities include acting as chair of the Global Public Policy
Committee at ITAA; I frequently represent the association’s official
policy positions.  I also convene and coordinate various industry events
and meetings on a variety of topics, primarily focused on working with
industry to advocate policy positions to various governments and multi
lateral organizations, including the OECD, ITU, CITEL, and APEC. I speak
frequently as an expert at business and professional conferences that
are held both in the US and in other countries. In both of these
activities, I am sometimes remunerated for participation. Such
remuneration does not in any way make such entities clients, nor imply
client obligations.

The clients of my business are concerned about the security and
stability of the Internet, and are strong advocates of ICANN’s role in
managing and coordinating the technical aspects of the Internet.

I do not believe that I have conflicts of interest with ICANN.
 From time to time, I may have clients who have a direct policy interest
in a particular policy area that is, or could be active at ICANN.  At
present, two clients that I advise have an interest in reserved names in
gTLDs. I have disclosed that to the gNSO Council, and to the Business
Constituency and in public statements in the ICANN’s public forum and to
the ICANN senior staff.

As the clients of my business and their interests change, I will
continue to update my statement of interest.
Grant Forsyth - Commercial and Business Users constituency

I am one of three representatives from the Business Constituency on the
ICANN GNSO Names Council.

I am currently employed by TelstraClear in the role of Manager Industry
and Regulatory Affairs. TelstraClear is a full-service
telecommunications operator that operates two ISPs, ClearNet and
ParadiseNet. TelstraClear is an accredited registrar of .nz ccTLD names
only under the new InternetNZ SRS. While TelstraClear presently makes no
use of ENUM, it has an interest in its potential and an expectation that
in due course it may wish to offer commercial services that use ENUM.

I am elected Councillor of InternetNZ, the delegated .nz ccTLD manager.

I have a personal domain registered in the .gen.nz space.

I have not undertaken any paid work for either ICANN or InternetNZ. I
have not worked for nor represented an ICANN Registry or ICANN
Accredited Registrar.
Anthony Harris - ISPCP Constituency

I am under contract as full time executive director of CABASE,
a non-profit Internet industry association, incorporated as such in
Argentina since 1999.

- consulting work done for ICANN - NONE
- consulting work done for a gtld or cctld registry, or current
    applicant to become a gtld or cctld registry - NONE
- consulting work done for a registrar - NONE
- employment with a registry or registrar - NONE

Greg Ruth - ISPCP Constituency

I am employed full time by Verizon Federal Network Systems.  Verizon
has no contractual relationships with any registries or registrars.
Tony Holmes - ISPCP Constituency

I am employed within BT Group's Chief Technology Office with the
responsibility for determining numbering, naming and addressing policy
and strategy for BT Group PLC.

BT is a large ISP and infrastructure provider and operates in many
countries across the world. BT is also an accredited ICANN Registrar,
but is not currently operational.

I participate in, and hold official positions in a number of other
technology focused technical and policy making bodies at both the
national and international level, none of which cause conflict with my
work in ICANN. I have no employment, contract, financial interest or
other business relationship with ICANN, registries or registrars except
BT.

I am an elected representative of the ISP and Connectivity Providers
Constituency to the GNSO.
Robin Gross - Non Commercial Users Constituency

I represent the Non-Commercial Users Constituency on the GNSO Policy
Council.  I am the Executive Director of IP Justice, an international
civil liberties organization based in San Francisco.  IP Justice is a
California not-for-profit corporation and 501(c)(3).  I am also licensed
to practice law throughout California, and serve on the Board of
Directors of the Union for the Public Domain, a not-for-profit
corporation based in Washington DC.  I teach international copyright law
at Santa Clara University School of Law.  From 1999-2002, I was an
intellectual property attorney with the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
Norbert Klein – Non-Commercial Users Constituency

I am at present a consultant to a Cambodian non-government organization,
the Open Forum of Cambodia, which was created in 1994 to facilitate and
to foster communication – not only electronic communication – in the
conflictive, post-civil war Cambodian society.

My relation to the Internet, and since 1999 to ICANN, originated from
the fact that I created in 1994 the first possibility for people in
Cambodia to have access to e-mail, and in 1996 I created the possibility
to have an e-mail address in Cambodia: .kh

Neither I nor the Open Forum of Cambodia have registered a top level
domain – we use a secondary domain for our organization, under the ccTLD
of Cambodia, .kh

For myself, I use a webmail account by the German provider GMX,  a GMX
ProMail account,  for which I pay the normal set  fees.

Neither we as an organization, nor I as an individual, own or have in
any other way an economic interest in any IT or ICT company or related
holding.
Mawaki Chango - Non Commercial Users Constituency

I am currently a full-time Ph.D. student and Graduate Assistant, and
I represent the Non-Commercial Users Constituency on the GNSO
Council. In addition, I am involved in social activism through my
participation in ACSIS (African Civil Society for Information
Society), as ICT policy advocator, and advisor to the ACSIS’
President.
Over the last five years, I have been involved as a consultant with
UNESCO, the International Development Research Centre, Open Society
Initiative for West Africa (Dakar), the Eduardo Mondlane University
(Maputo), and EvalNet (Johannesburg). I have never been involved in
any business related to the distribution and operation of Internet
resources.
Sophia Bekele - Nominations Committee appointee to the GNSO Council

I represent a California based, privately held company, CBS Enterprise
Group, which is engaged in international business.    As part of its
portfolio of services, the company provides systems integration services
through CBS International, which delivers domain registration, web
hosting and email services to end users via a reseller, agreement with
registrars.  Less than 10% of CBS's business is derived from these
services.

In my personal capacity, I do not have any of my moneys, invested in
companies that are in the registrar businesses.  I do not believe that
any activities of the Council or ICANN could have a material effect on
the work I do at CBS International.
Avri Doria - Nominations Committee appointee to the GNSO Council

I am an independent research consultant and have no employment,
contract, financial interest, share ownership or any other business
relationship with ICANN, registries or registrars except as a holder,
and fee payer, of several domain names in .com, .net and .org
Maureen Cubberley - Nominations Committee appointee to the GNSO Council

Statement of Interest related to ICANN and the work of the GNSO Council

I am a Canadian and I am currently employed in Canada by the Department
of Culture, Heritage and Tourism, Government of Manitoba, as the
Director of Public Library Services.

I am also a senior partner in the consulting firm ASM Advanced Strategic
Management Consultants, based in Ontario, Canada.

I hold several non-remunerated directorships for various not-for-profit
organizations. None of these organizations are related to ICANN.

In the past, I have been a Director and the Chair of the Board of
Directors of the .ca ccTLD registry CIRA. As a current holder of several
.ca domain names, I am a member of CIRA.

Consulting work done for ICANN - NONE
Consulting work done for a gtld -NONE
  or cctld registry,  - In 2004 I provided consulting services to CIRA.
  or current applicant to become a gtld or cctld registry - NONE
Consulting work done for a registrar - NONE
Employment with a registry or registrar - NONE

In 2004, I served as Chair of the Business and Financial Evaluation
Team, the members of which were appointed by ICANN for the purpose of
reviewing 10 applications for new Sponsored gTLDs. ICANN provided each
of the Team members, including myself, with an honourarium.

I have no financial interest, share ownership or any other business
relationship with ICANN, registries or registrars except as a holder of
domain names.
Lucy Nichols - Intellectual Property Interests Constituency

I am an elected representative of the Intellectual Property Constituency
to the GNSO.

I am an attorney and currently hold the position of Global Director of
Intellectual Property Rights, Brand Protection Portfolio, for Nokia Inc.

Nokia Corporation is an investor and Board Member of Mobile Top Level
Domain "mTLD",  the registry for .mobi.

My responsibilities include managing the trademark, domain name, product
design and brand enforcement groups of Nokia Corporation.

I am a member of the 2006 Nominating Committee of ICANN.

I am also on the Board of Directors for the International Trademark
Assn. and a member of other IPR related professional organizations
including ECTA, AIPLA, and IPO.
Ute Decker -  Intellectual Property Interests Constituency

I am full time employed as Deputy Director for Global Legal Policy by
the IFPI Secretariat.

I am also elected representative of the Intellectual Property
Constituency (IPC) to the GNSO Council.

The IFPI Secretariat is the head office of the International Federation
of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) representing the recording industry
worldwide.  IFPI is a non-commercial private sector non-governmental
organisation, funded through membership contributions.  IFPI is a member
of the IPC.  IFPI’s members are 1415 record companies, including EMI
Music, Sony BMG Music Entertainment, Warner Music, and Universal Music
and many independent record companies.

The IFPI Secretariat provides services to its member and to 48
affiliated national recording industry bodies; and is responsible for
co-ordinating international strategies in the key areas of the
organisation's work: enforcement of copyright and trademarks, advice on
technology and legal developments, relations with governments and
national industry bodies, representation in international organisations,
litigation, market research, and public relations.
Kiyoshi I. Tsuru -  Intellectual Property Interests Constituency

I, the undersigned, Kiyoshi I. Tsuru am a partner with the law firm of
BELLO, GALLARDO, MORALES Y TSURU, S.C., in Mexico City. I specialize in
Intellectual Property matters. I serve as a member of the Advisory
Committee of NIC Mexico, which is in turn a member of the ccNSO of
ICANN. From time to time, I have served as outside counsel to NIC
Mexico. I am the country manager for Mexico of the Business Software
Alliance (BSA) and a WIPO Panelist regarding disputes between domain
names and trademarks.

Ken Stubbs - gTLD Registries constituency

I am a Director of, and member of the Executive committee of Afilias,
Limited. - an ICANN-contracted registry I am also a member of the Policy
Advisory Board of the DotMobi Ltd. (operator of the ".mobi" registry).

I am an elected representative of the Registry Constituency to the GNSO
council  and a member of the Nominating Committee

In my personal capacity, I have less than 5% of my net worth invested in
companies that are involved in ICANN-contracted registry services

Other than the entities listed above, I have no other current or
"executory" business or contractual relationships with any entity or
individuals who currently have business before the GNSO or ICANN.
Cary Karp -  gTLD Registries constituency

I am Director of Internet Strategy and Technology at the Swedish
Museum of Natural History (NRM), an agency of the Swedish government.
This is a full-time salaried position.

I serve in a similar capacity for the International Council of Museums
(ICOM) of which I am an individual member and NRM is an institutional
member. I receive a small additional honorarium for that activity.

I hold a non-remunerated position as the President and CEO of the
Museum Domain Management Association (MuseDoma), the Sponsoring
Organization for the .museum TLD.

NRM is the largest museum in Sweden and charged with advising private
and corporate entities in that country in matters relating to its
sphere of expertise. I am regularly involved in such action. Current
activity includes a joint initiative with NIC-SE, the operator of the
.se ccTLD, which is collaborating with NRM in a project in the context
of the Swedish national "Year of Cultural Diversity 2006". I also
advise NIC-SE in general matters relating to IDN.

I may from time to time receive separate honoraria for advisory
services provided as a result of my position at NRM, and may be
similarly compensated for writing and speaking engagements.

ICOM is an NGO maintaining formal relations with UNESCO and having
consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social
Council. I am directly involved in activity conducted by ICOM in its
relationship with UNESCO.

I represent MuseDoma in the gTLD Registry Constituency and am the
elected representative for the sTLDs on the GNSO Council.

I conduct no other activity with, and have no other interests of any
kind that involve, entities maintaining business or contractual
relationships with ICANN.

June Seo - gTLD Registries constituency

I am an employee of VeriSign, Inc., which provides certain domain
registration services (directly or through its subsidiaries) for a
number of top-level domains, including the following: .com; .net; .jobs;
.cc; .tv; .bz.

In my personal capacity I have less than 5% of my net worth invested in
companies that are involved in registration services for top level domains.

I am also an elected representative of the gTLD Registry Constituency to
the ICANN GNSO Council.

To the best of my knowledge, I have no  ownership interest in any entity
that currently has business before the GNSO or ICANN, other than as
described above.

Bret Fausett - At Large Advisory Committee representative to the GNSO
Council

I am an attorney, living and working in Los Angeles, licensed to
practice law in California (United States). I serve on the GNSO as a
liaison from the At Large Advisory Committee, which is charged with
representing the interests of end users in all of ICANN's activities. I
am partner in the law firm of Cathcart, Collins & Kneafsey, LLP, which
currently represents the interests of the Coalition For Internet
Transparency ("CFIT" / http://www.cfit.info) in litigation against ICANN
and Verisign.

In my personal capacity, I have less than 5% of my assets invested in
companies that are in the registry services and registrar businesses,
including Tucows, Verisign, and Neustar. I do not believe that any
activities of the Council or ICANN could have a material effect on the
value of my investments.
Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat - ICANN
gnso.secretariat[at]gnso.icann.org