[council] Regarding term limits - GNSO review

tony.ar.holmes at bt.com tony.ar.holmes at bt.com
Thu Nov 9 10:40:13 UTC 2006

There is a real danger here, that one by one we all come along with the
parts of the GNSO Review we particularly like (for whatever reason) and
draft a motion before Council. This requires a much wider debate,
particularly at a time when some of the overarching recommendations
could considerably change the way Council is both constructed and acts.

Both the timing and the approach raises major issues.  I'm not even sure
this is workable with the geographic constraints that are currently in
place. Forcing a vote on such a topic at this time is both unwise and
unacceptable when the ramifications and on ALL Constituencies is very
substantial.

Tony