[council] Term limits

Ken Stubbs kstubbs at afilias.info
Fri Nov 10 13:53:07 UTC 2006

Greg & fellow council members:

guidelines developed by "non-ISP" constituency bodies
( i.e.ICANN BY-LAWS) currently impose requirements to the ISP
constituency (as well as all constituencies) on who they can and cannot
select to serve on the council.

They do this by requiring:
1. that each representative from a constituency should be
from a different geographic region and
2.No 2 councilors can be from the same company.

When the  ISP constituency originally applied to ICANN for recognition,
your constituency as well as the others
ACKNOWLEDGED &  ACCEPTED the fact that rules could be promulgated by non
constituency entities which could impact constituency representation on
the Council.

The opportunity for selection of representatives for each constituency
is still solely the constituency's,
but, since inception,  your selections have always been made  subject to
outside guidelines.

Your constituency as well as mine has lived with this "fact of life"
since our constituencies were established & recognized by ICANN.

This concept is nothing new here !

Regards

Ken Stubbs