[council] Regarding voting rules at the Council

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Tue Nov 14 18:06:20 UTC 2006

Greg Ruth wrote:
> So you are saying, I think, that we should use the existing bylaws
> unchanged to conduct the GNSO review and only when that is done should
> we change the bylaws.  First complete GNSO Review, then bylaws
> modification.  Is that correct?

I'm not going to put words in Bruce's mouth, but that is distinctly not
what he said. My read is that Bruce has very plainly and simply stated
that we already have bylaws in place that govern our procedures and
interactions and that we should continue to abide by those rules until
such time they change. Whether or not they change through the review or
some other amendment is besides the point.

-ross