[council] Proposed resolution rregarding GNSO review working group

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Thu Nov 16 22:48:08 UTC 2006

Hello Philip,

> Whereas the GNSO council review report and GNSO review
> reports are now complete.
> The Council resolves to establish a GNSO working group.
> The working group membership should be wider than just
> members of Council embracing all relevant parties and work in
> a collaborative manner.
> Council instructs staff to draft terms of reference for the
> working group within 14 days with a proposal for membership
> that balances broad participation by relevant parties with
> practicality.

As discussed in the Council call, I will place this on the Council
agenda for Sao Paulo.

In the meantime it would be useful to perhaps flesh this out.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by:

"embracing all relevant parties"

I expect that the Board will establish some form of working group
comprising Board members, Council members, and perhaps others from
outside of the GNSO community.   Maybe people that may form potentially
new GNSO constituencies.

I wonder if the corresponding GNSO working group that provides input
into the Board's working group should comprise just members of GNSO
constituencies and members of Council, with liaisons from the advisory
committees.  Ie structured as per the GNSO IDN working group.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin