[council] Response from ICANN Board chair with regard to the proposed .biz, .info and .org agreements

Norbert Klein nhklein at gmx.net
Wed Nov 22 01:31:58 UTC 2006

Thanks, Bruce.

I still fail to understand clearly what this section implies:

= =
The Board receives inputs from many sources and these inputs are
frequently conflicting in their character. The Board is obligated to
reach conclusions despite variations in the recommendations it receives.
If the Board conclusions differ from recommendations of the GNSO, it
will be a consequence of considering all advice received including that
of the GNSO Council.
= =

How is the role of the GNSO Council seen by the Board - just as ONE of
the "many sources" from which the Board receives inputs? What is the
very special role the GNSO and its Council has within the formal
structures of ICANN?

If we do not get this point clearer in principle - and not only in
relation with the specific issues under discussion at present, there may
be a continuous repetitions of the kind of discussion we have now.

How do other colleagues in the Council see this?

Norbert Klein