[council] Registry Constituency appoints Chuck Gomes to the GNSO Council beginning after the ICANN AGM in Sao Paulo

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Thu Nov 23 11:20:02 UTC 2006

From: Marie.Zitkova

Dear Bruce,

I am very pleased to inform you that the Registry Constituency has
elected Chuck Gomes, Verisign, as its representative in the GNSO
Council.

In accordance with the articles of our constituency, Chuck Gomes was
elected as the GNSO Council representative of unsponsored TLDs by a
unanimous vote of all the uTLD registries.

His 2 year term will start at the conclusion of Kent Stubbs's term which
ends with the close of the ICANN Annual meeting in Sao Paulo.

Please note that the term of our at large/hybrid representative in the
GNSO Council currently held by June Seo, Verisign, also expires at the
conclusion of ICANN Annual meeting in Sao Paolo. We are currently
selecting our new representative and I will announce the name of our new
representative as soon we have completed the process.

Best regards,

Marie