[council] FW: WHOIS task force update for GNSO Council meeting on 19 Oct

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Fri Oct 20 00:20:01 UTC 2006

________________________________

From: Jordyn Buchanan
Sent: Friday, 20 October 2006 12:58 AM
To: Bruce Tonkin
Subject: Re: WHOIS task force update for GNSO Council meeting on 19 Oct

Hi Bruce:

Here's a quick update:

- We've been continuing to work using the "OPOC proposal" as a template;
working through a number of issues that were identified around the
Marrakech meeting

- Recently, the IPC proposed a second, alternative approach which we're
calling the "special circumstances proposal".  We're currently trying to
provide this proposal with the same level of consideration as we gave
the OPOC proposal.

- However, we're also trying to wrap up the work of the Task Force.  The
goal is to have a draft preliminary report for discussion within the TF
by the end of October, and to have it published for public comment by
mid-November.

- I expect that the preliminary report will address all of our remaining
terms of reference items, so I would hope that after the public comment
period we will put together a final report for the Council, at which
point I expect the work of the Task Force to be complete.

Jordyn