[council] Purpose of Whois - informational materials

Robin Gross robin at ipjustice.org
Fri Sep 8 14:18:48 UTC 2006

Hello Maria,

If we are to append additional reports to these informational materials,
and I do support the notion of supplying as much relevant info as
possible, then we need to include the following resources in our
informational materials also:

Letter from Jennifer Stoddart, Privacy Commissioner of Canada to Dr.
Paul Twomey, 11 July, 2006
http://www.icann.org/correspondence/stoddart-to-twomey-11jul06.pdf

Article 29 Working Party of the European Union letter, 22 June, 2006
http://www.icann.org/correspondence/schaar-to-cerf-22jun06.pdf

Commission de la Protection de la Privee (Belgium) letter, 22 June, 2006
http://www.icann.org/correspondence/parisse-to-icann-22jun06.pdf

EPIC Testimony to US Congress on WHOIS,18 July 2006
http://www.epic.org/privacy/whois/phishing_test.pdf

Thank you,
Robin