[council] RN-WG SoW

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Mon Apr 9 18:53:56 UTC 2007

On 9-Apr-07, at 2:45 PM, Mike Rodenbaugh wrote:

> I object to re-launching this WG with the objective to 'maintain
> the status quo for now'

The onus should always be on making a case for change, otherwise
existing practice should be preserved, unless we explicitly set forth
a deadline to cease all similar practices. Continuing reservations in
one part of the namespace, but ceasing them in others will create
customer confusion - not between strings, but in policy exemptions.
Let's try to avoid creating a patchwork.

Ross Rader
Director, Retail Services
t. 416.538.5492
c. 416.828.8783
http://www.domaindirect.com

"To solve the problems of today, we must focus on tomorrow."
- Erik Nupponen