[council] Next GNSO Council chair - and Vice-chairs ?

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Mon Apr 16 22:18:16 UTC 2007

I am interested in the use of the term 'power'.  Obviously, the chair
has important influence over the procedings of the Council and that is
why strong leadership skills are critical.  But that is also why the
ability to lead in a neutral manner is also critical.  If any chair uses
the position to exercise undo 'power' or influence to advocate his/her
own views, then it would be our responsibilities as Councilors to
object.  A Council member has the same voting power whether that member
is chair or not.

I believe that Bruce has done an amazing job in this regard and it will
be a big challenge for the next chair to do as well, but that is what we
should strive for.

Chuck Gomes