[council] Fwd: GA

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Mon Aug 20 18:16:04 UTC 2007

Avri,

Your proposed response seems pretty good overall in my opinion.  But I
think it would be good to ask them some questions as follows:

There are three factors that need to be considered in this request:  1)
The GNSO Secretariat already has an excessive workload so it is critical
for the Council to make sure that the demand on her time is within
reasonable bounds; 2) ICANN operational staff members also have full
workloads so we need to make sure that any new tasks that may be
assigned to them fit within their job responsibility capacity; and 3)
would any additional workload created by the institution of the proposed
GA list rules interfere with other GNSO priorities.  In that regard, it
would be very helpful to understand what responsibilities for
implementing and enforcing the list rules would depend on ICANN staff
(Secretariat, operational staff, etc.).  For example: who would do the
list monitoring?  Would any support be needed by ICANN staff in that
regard and, if so, what is an estimate of how much time might be needed?
Who would enforce the rules and at what point would ICANN staff need to
get involved?  Any detail that can be provided in this regard would
assist the Council in responding to the request.

Chuck Gomes