[council] Council meetings and motions

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri Aug 24 17:22:01 UTC 2007

Hi,

I would like to suggest that, as much as possible, council members
try to float text on the list for motions they would like the council
to vote on at least 48 hours before any meeting.  If they relate to
things that are already on the agenda, then I can just bring them up
at the right time.  On the other hand if they are not relevant to
topics already on the agenda, they can be considered under AOB.

The agenda will still come out at least a week in advance and having
any motions as early as possible would be best, but at least 2 days
in advance seems helpful.

What do others think?

thanks
a.