[council] Request for Observer Status

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Thu Aug 30 19:25:00 UTC 2007

Hi,

There is precedent for this.  I know that I as well as other Nomcom
appointees where allowed such observer status when we were first
elected (we show up for a ICANN meeting but only take office at the
end of the meeting).  I think we may have done this for others, but I
don't remember for sure.

So if there is no objection from any other councilor, I propose we
follow the Nomcom precedent and allow a council member-elect to
attend as an observer.  I don't believe this requires a vote, but if
any council member objects to not voting on it, then I will call a
vote on this as a motion at the next meeting.

thanks

a.