[council] Proposed endgame motion for Whois Task Force - with Whereas'es

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Fri Aug 31 12:25:24 UTC 2007

Avri Doria wrote:
> Proposed Text for motion to be voted on September 6 2007

Thanks for the detail Avri - this is helpful. Might I suggest one small
amendment? Specifically as it relates to the following:

> - Community Public Comment on Final Report: October 15 -
 > November 6, 2007
 >
> 6 - A Public and Council Discussion will be held during the LA Public
> Meeting
>
> 7 - Final vote on first GNSO Council meeting after November 6, 2007

I would like to propose that the public comment period end at the public
discussion of the of issue during the LA meeting. This would then allow
council to take all constituency, public and written commentary into
account for deliberation on the agenda during the L.A. meeting, rather
than at the next meeting thereafter. This would have the effect of
shortening the public comment period by only 3 business days, which i
believe would be more then offset by the value of discussing the issue
several times you propose during the face to face meetings in LA. It
would be nice to get this one off the books in one way or another at the
LA Public Meeting.

Therefore, the formal amendment that I would like to make is as follows:

- that "November 6, 2007" in step 5 be replaced with "October 31, 2007"

- that "after November 6, 2007" in step 7 be replaced with "during the
LA Public Meeting".

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

--
Regards,

Ross Rader
Director, Retail Services