[council] Proposed endgame motion for Whois Task Force - with Whereas'es

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Fri Aug 31 12:56:34 UTC 2007

Philip Sheppard wrote:
> I formally oppose the suggestion to shorten the public comment period timetable proposed by
> the Council chair.
>
> Unseemly haste on this most high profile of issues is unwise.

I believe that the proper process is to request a second on the
amendment and then put it to a vote. If the amendment is viewed as
unfriendly, it would be voted on separately, IIRC.

If you don't agree with the amendment, then vote against it. If it
becomes part of the motion and you are still uncomfortable with it, then
vote against the whole package or make a counter-motion.

Also, I'd note that tightening up the schedule by three business days is
hardly "unseemly haste", although I do applaud the breadth of your
rhetorical skills.

--
Regards,

Ross Rader