[council] Draft - Appeal to Board relating to IDNC WG

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Thu Dec 20 14:26:38 UTC 2007

On 19 dec 2007, at 18.23, Chuck Gomes wrote:

> Under the questions:
>
> - The second bullet reads, "It is unclear who the intended
> registries of
> the to be defined IDN ccTLDs are. Are these the traditional ccTLD
> registries as defined by RFC 1591? Are these the IDNs associated with
> language and cultural communities as envisioned by the IDN WG?  Or are
> these new IDN ccTLDs critical national resources that come under some
> form of national administration?"  It is not clear to me why we are
> asking these questions. They are questions that certainly need to be
> answered and they have been raised in the Issues Paper and in the just
> released IDNC document.

I realized this morning that i neither commented on this nor did
anything about it in the working draft.

I should have at the very least put brackets around the paragraph,
which I have now done, and which will show up in the next version I
send out.

I can see how these questions may be somewhat borderline as a-priori
concerns, but do think they are relevant to the question of precedents
and preconditions.

a.