[council] Fwd: initial memo on propsed proxy voting change

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri Dec 21 17:43:46 UTC 2007

Hi,

After a conversation with Chuck and me, Liz and Dan produced the
following memo on the issues involved in proxy voting.  I would like
to suggest that we discuss the issues in this memo on the list and  in
an upcoming meeting after which, if the Council wishes to proceed with
a by-laws change we form a small drafting team to produce a
recommended change that we could vote on in council and forward to the
Board for consideration.

As a point of information, I asked Glen to give us the figures for
attendance comparing attendance while we were still using proxy voting
with the period once we no longer had proxy voting.  My reason for
requesting this was to deal with the question of whether having proxy
voting affects attendance.  Once I have these figures, I will forward
them on to the group.

My thanks to Liz, Dan and Glen for their work on this issue.

a.

Begin forwarded message: