[council] ICANN Posts 2007 Annual Report

GNSO.SECRETARIAT@GNSO.ICANN.ORG gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org
Mon Dec 24 20:12:48 UTC 2007

[To: council[at]gnso.icann.org; liaison6c[at]gnso.icann.org]
[To: ga[at]gnso.icann.org; announce[at]gnso.icann.org]
[To: regional-liaisons[at]icann.org]

http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-23dec07.htm
ICANN Posts 2007 Annual Report

Annual Report highlights organization's achievements and progress over
past 12 months - 23 December 2007

MARINA DEL REY, Calif. : The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and
Numbers (ICANN) today released its second annual report, covering in
detail the organization's achievements and progress over the past 12 months.

"I am delighted to announce the release of our second annual report,"
said Dr Paul Twomey, ICANN's President and CEO. "As an organization we
have made great progress this year, both in terms of policy work and in
the quality of our operations. We have also made great efforts in
relation to transparency and accountability".

In addition to updates on the progress ICANN's supporting organizations
and advisory committees have made during 2007, the report also includes
a section on the progress towards the completion of the Joint Project
Agreement (JPA) with the United States Department of Commerce.

"The JPA is in the midst of its scheduled mid-term review, and the
annual report highlights that ICANN has achieved the responsibilities
outlined in the Agreement," Dr Twomey said

"ICANN will also release documents in the near future that include its
submission to the JPA review and I ask commenters to examine this
documentation prior to making their own submissions," Dr Twomey added.

The complete annual report is available online at:
http://www.icann.org/annualreport/annual-report-2006-2007.pdf [PDF, 1,927K]
--
Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat - ICANN