[council] FW: Suggested edits for the SoW for the Working Group on "Protecting the rights of others"

Thomas Keller tom at schlund.de
Thu Feb 1 15:34:43 UTC 2007

Chuck, all,

I support Chucks edits and want additional bring to all of your
attention that we have to be very careful that we achive a balance in
views in this working group. I might be a good idea to differentiate
between taskforce members and possible sources of information like EURid
Wipo, Inta ...

Best,

tom

Am 01.02.2007 schrieb Gomes, Chuck:
> Note that I mistakenly sent this to the RN-WG list instead of the
> Council.  Please accept my apologies; I wanted to send it out sooner.  I
> hope there is time to review it before today's meeting.
>
> Chuck

> "Protecting the rights of others"
>

> I would like to first of all thank Kristina and Ute for their efforts in
> revising the outline of the SoW for the proposed Working Group on
> "Protecting the rights of others".  I appreciate the work they did to
> incorporate the edits that several of us suggested.
>
> The attached document contains some edits that some of us from the RyC
> recommend be made before the Council takes action on the SoW in our
> meeting tomorrow.  Note that the edits are highlighted using the Word
> tracking function.  I will be happy to answer questions about the
> suggested edits on this list prior to the meeting and in our meeting
> tomorrow.
>
> Please note that I added at the end of the document several paragraphs
> from the RN-WG approved SoW.  My intent in doing this was to hopefully
> help us as the Council be able to approve a document tomorrow that will
> facilitate a quick startup of the WG.  In particular, I added the
> paragraphs relating to the following:
> Formation of the Working Group; Voting; Membership; Working Timeline.
> Note that the Membership paragraphs include language about an interim
> chair and permanent chair.  Except for the timeline, I simply cut and
> pasted the text from the RN-WG; for the timeline, I changed the language
> to correspond to what I think to be the targets that may be desired by
> the Council.
>
> Chuck

Gruss,

tom

(__)
(OO)_____
(oo)    /|\	A cow is not entirely full of
  | |--/ | *    milk some of it is hamburger!
  w w w  w