[council] Regarding working group membership

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Thu Feb 22 03:52:42 UTC 2007

We are learning some things regarding the use of experts in the RN-WG.
One approach that seems to be working well has been having a small group
within the larger group consult with experts and then communicate the
information obtained back to the full group.  Not every issue where
expertise is needed requires consulation by the full WG, but there are
some issues where it will benefit the full group.  Also, there may be
cases where it could be beneficial to have experts as part of the group
and other times where that is not necessary.  Finally, it is not
necessary to always have live consultations with experts; this can save
considerable time.

Chuck Gomes