[council] Statement of work for working group on reserved names - DRAFT for Council

Thomas Keller tom at schlund.de
Mon Jan 15 12:52:00 UTC 2007

It would probably worthwhile for the Taskforce to include the reserved
list mechanism of .eu in their data gathering efforts. As far as I know
this has been a rather extensive exercise including all EU member
states. Thought .eu is not a gTLD the findings might very well be
usefull especially in terms of geographic/geopolitical and "moral"
issues.

Best,

tom

Am 11.01.2007 schrieb Ross Rader:
> two comments after a quick review -
>
> a) Prior to any discussion of (iv) and (v)WG should have discussion
> and make precedent recommendations regarding whether or not there is
> any merit in a) adding new names to existing reservations lists, b)
> taking names off of existing reservations lists and c) whether or not
> reservations lists, in general, are appropriate policy to continue
> forward with.
>
> b) voting should probably be along constituency lines - i.e. one vote
> per constituency. I don't think each constituency should be required
> to appoint three members to this TF just to ensure it gets the full
> defensive benefit of having three full votes. This can be avoided by
> simply having one vote per constituency.
>
> -r
>
> On 11-Jan-07, at 5:52 PM, Marilyn Cade wrote:
>
> ><DraftStatementofWorkforWorkingGrouponReservedNames.doc>

Gruss,

tom

(__)
(OO)_____
(oo)    /|\	A cow is not entirely full of
  | |--/ | *    milk some of it is hamburger!
  w w w  w