[council] reserved names work plan

Philip Sheppard philip.sheppard at aim.be
Thu Jan 18 16:19:26 UTC 2007

re Chuck wrote: "I think it is premature to be recommending how work should be done".
Is it not about time that we as Council started trusting the staff (whom we asked for so
long to have) and respond favourably to useful recommendations?
As someone who works for a secretariat I make work plan recommendations all the time and my
members - some of the top companies in the world - expect no less.

Surely we want staff to guide us, steer us and help move things forward?
Then the WGs and PDPs decide on the actual policy (and are at liberty to overturn a staff
recommendation).

I for one like to see paid full time professionals be allowed to do their job.

Philip