[council] reserved names work plan

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Thu Jan 18 16:46:06 UTC 2007

Ross Rader wrote:
> I agree with Chuck.
>
> We don't know what the work is or whether we or not we will be engaging
> in that work. I do appreciate the support we get from Liz - she has been
> very instrumental in helping us move the ball forward over the past year
> and a bit (especially in instances where we haven't been so inclined to
> move), but there is also a natural ordering to events - the first of
> which includes us deciding whether or not we are going to proceed, and
> if so, what work we are going to proceed with.

and P.S.

I think Liz has made some excellent recommendations, but given that I'm
in favor of a much tighter TOR than the one that is currently on the
table and given that much of the work required by the TOR may not be
necessary if I have anything to do with it, I still think its slightly
premature to break things out into separate streams, etc. at this early
phase. If the work requires two separate streams, then yes - definitely,
let's follow Liz's rec's. They make a lot of sense in that specific context.

-r