[council] Request for Reserved Names WG Volunteers

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Fri Jan 19 00:32:44 UTC 2007

As you are all probably aware, the statement of work was approved for
the Reserved Names Working Group today with a very aggressive time
schedule.  To be able to achieve the required tasks, we are going to
have to get started right away so it is imperative that we identify
members of the group in very short order.  Therefore, as the interim
chair, I would like to ask each of you as Counselors to start your
recruiting immediately.  Here is some key information from the SoW
relating to membership.

The Working Group is open for membership to:

*
	Councilors
*
	GNSO Constituency members
*
	Advisory committees (e.g., ALAC, GAC) as non-voting liaisons.

Members may be added by the constituencies and the Advisory groups at
any time during the work of the WG.
Members should be selected who can commit sufficient time during the
next three-four months to facilitate achievement of the targeted
accomplishments.
Please provide the following data for any volunteers who are willing to
serve on this WG not later than close of business next Wednesday:

*	Name
*	Email address
*	Telephone number(s) - if possible.

I am tentatively planning to schedule the first call for Thursday, 25
January at 19:00 UTC.  (11:00 am Los Angeles, 14:00 Washington DC, 19:00
London, 3:00 am Hong Kong, 6:00 am (next day) Melbourne, 8:00 am
Wellington next day 19 January 2007)  I understand that some members may
not be able to participate in the first call on such short notice but we
can at least identify materials that need to be reviewed, talk about
timing of regularly scheduled calls and possibly elect a permanent
chair.  I am working with staff regarding the following logistical
items:

1.	Will it be possible to have the meetings transcribed or
recorded?  I expect we will need to have a fairly aggressive work
schedule so it is likely that group members may have to miss some
meetings.  Transcriptions or recordings of the meetings would allow
those who miss meetings a way of catching up.
2.	Teleconference arrangements
3.	Email discussion list.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.  Also, if any
potential volunteers have questions, please encourage them to contact me
if they like.  My email address is cgomes at verisign.com.  My office
telephone number is +1 916 681-0389.  And my mobile number is +1 703
362-8753.  For time zone reference, I am located in California so I am
on Pacific Standard Time.

Chuck Gomes