[council] Statement of Interest - Mike Rodenbaugh - Commercial and Business Users Constituency

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Tue Jan 30 02:23:17 UTC 2007

I am employed full-time by Yahoo! Inc., as Senior Legal Director.  I
have been elected to the GNSO Council by the Commercial and Business
Users Constituency.

Yahoo! is a leading global Internet brand and one of the most trafficked
Internet destinations worldwide.  Yahoo!'s mission is to connect people
to their passions, their communities, and the world's knowledge.  I
engage ICANN issues from Yahoo!'s perspective as a premier online brand
and diversified business, highly valuing the perspectives of our
customers, partners and users.

Yahoo! has hundreds of thousands of online business customers and
partners which advertise and provide services to our global audience.
We are interested in seeing all of these businesses succeed and grow.
These businesses work with Yahoo! because we have earned one of the
world's largest audiences, requiring that the 'user perspective' remain
extremely important to us always.  And, of course Yahoo! is a famous
brand that is extremely challenging to protect and enforce online,
worldwide.

I believe businesses of all types and sizes share our interest in the
rapid growth of internet commerce, balanced with fair protection of
existing property interests.  I look forward to working with the Council
to address the many serious issues that existing businesses encounter as
a result of ICANN policy.

Mike Rodenbaugh