[council] Updated GNSO Council statements of interest - 7 June 2007

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Jun 7 15:29:01 UTC 2007

On 7 jun 2007, at 15.43, GNSO.SECRETARIAT at GNSO.ICANN.ORG wrote:

> Please let me know if there are any other updates you would like made.

Hi,

I need to update my statement of interest a bit.

thanks
a.

-----

I am an independent research consultant and an adjunct professor at
Luleå University of Technology in Sweden. I also have a recurring
contract with the Internet Governance Forum (IGF) as a consultant to
its secretariat.  I have no employment, contract, financial interest,
share ownership or any other business relationship with ICANN,
registries or registrars except as a registrant of several domain names.

As part of my volunteer activities I give advice to various
representatives of indigenous nomadic and semi-nomadic populations on
Internet topics which include the possibility of obtaining an TLD.  I
am currently involved in activities that may lead to the creation of
an non governmental organization (NGO) whose primary purpose would be
to assist indigenous groups as well as populations from the less
developed nations, NGOs active in representing the needs of these
populations, and other advocacy groups, in obtaining a presence on
the Internet.  These activities may involve providing assistance in
obtaining a TLD, including assistance in raising the necessary
funding for a TLD, when that is an appropriate solution to their goals.