[council] Regarding GNSO Council/Board dinner on Sunday 24 June 2007

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Mon Jun 11 13:37:47 UTC 2007

Thanks Bruce. In my opinion one of the most timely topics for discussion
would be the introduction of new gTLDs because that PDP is getting close
to decision and hence close to Council and then Board action.  I am not
suggesting general, high level discussion on that because I believe that
has already happened over the last couple years, but rather, I am
suggesting focused discussion on some specific topics that present
special challenges in the introduction of new gTLDs such as the
following: 1) dealing with public policy issues while still staying
within ICANN's mission; 2) timing of the introduction of IDN TLDs
relative to ASCII gTLDs; and 3) use of expert panels to evaluate string
challenges.

Chuck Gomes