[council] Regarding Observers

Sophia B sophiabekele at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 16:00:06 UTC 2007

Bruce and All,

Thank you.  I appreciate the decision from you and everyone else's support.

In fact, since I joined ICANN, I have *never seen a Council that was more
united on this issue than any other*.   Afterall, I believe, the whole the
membership issue started none other than, a result of the people I was
trying to bring to the GNSO Council and then the IDN WG, as the people as
already mentioned in their direct email to you.

Unfortunately, only 2 weeks are left for us to  provide a useful debate,
however, I guarantee you that there would not be any disruption or
misbehaviour with these group I have known for a while.  On the contrary, *we
will all benefit from the transfer of knowledge and ICANN in its membership
goals.*

> So I encourage working groups to move forward on the following basis
> > with respect to allowing "observers", who are not GNSO constituency
> > members

By this email, I presume it would be ok to forge forward and notify 'my
outreach' who are interested to join IDN WG.  I shall forward your email as
instruction to them on the modalities to be followed.

Thanks everyone for your strong support!!!
Sophia