[council] Regarding Observers

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Fri Mar 2 16:27:18 UTC 2007

More important in my opinion than the size of task forces and working
groups or whether people are observers or constituency reps are the
following:
	- Making sure that as many diverse points of view are
represented as possible
	- Ensuring that all participants are constructive
	- Providing effective leadership of the group
	- Providing sufficient staff support (administrative and policy)

Also, I strongly believe that we need to move away from task forces and
working groups being made up predominately of Counsel reps.  That just
doesn't scale.  The Council should oversee each taskforce or working
group and should have a few members on the group to faciliate
communication but that should be quite limited.  We have too much work
to do so we need to spread the workload around to a much wider group of
people in the community.  The Council will untimately have to make
decisions on the work of any taskforce or working group anyway.

Chuck Gomes