[council] GNSO related meetings and evnts in Lisbon

Sophia B sophiabekele at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 18:00:56 UTC 2007

Dear Bruce, Glen

I read the schedule for the GNSO activities for Lisbon that came out just
yesterday.

I note in particular that the IDN observer discussions are to take place on
Sunday Morning.  I have been working with Glen the past week to get rooms
for IDN observers conveying that people would not arrive until Sunday
evening.

In this regard, I find it puzzling that we are scheduling a Sunday morning
discussion on IDNs, which would close out most of the group that would be
traveling to Lisbon, just for this occasion.

I would like to request the we move the IDN discussions to Monday morning or
similar, to accommodate those that have already purchased their tickets and
obtained their Visas to travel to Lisbon.  Changing their tickets and Visa
would entail a tasking and expensive exercise.  Therefore, I would kindly
request that we be sensitive towards this and the topic of IDNs be
re-scheduled to accommodate the audience that are coming just for this
reasons.

Thank you and kind regards,
Sophia