[council] GNSO related meetings and evnts in Lisbon

Sophia B sophiabekele at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 22:05:49 UTC 2007

> Are the meetings on Saturday and Sunday morning intended to be wrap-up
> > meetings of the RN and IDN working groups, or are they intended to mark
> > the commencement of Council's consideration of the finished w.g.
> > reports?  I had assumed the latter, with the presence of any w.g.
> > members or observers who are able to attend providing useful
> > opportunity for the rapid clarification of any questions that
> > councilors may have.

Great Q Cary, we need clarification.  Since the IDN work kicked off after
SanPaulo,
really, there is a lot of work covered with extensive input from the wg and
observers
groups, therefore, which ever document is considered from RN (yes 128 pages)
or
IDN WG,  it does not make sense to forge ahead without everyone that
provided input.
In that I agree with Cary.  i.e we cannot use the same scheduling we did in
SP.

 I note that the RN draft report is 125 pages long, and even if the IDN
> > report is significantly shorter (I have no idea how extensive Ram
> > intends for it actually to be). Council giving these reports the
> > consideration that they deserve can easily fill the weekend slots. If I
> > have misunderstood their purpose, we don't just need to consider
> > rescheduling them, we need to shoehorn additional time into what
> > already appears to be a saturated agenda.

It was my understanding that RAM was to allocated time to discuss the RN
draft,
as per Chuck note to me and Ram's response in the Council call last.   As
was
rightfully asked by the RN chair for additional input, we seem to need
additional time to
discuss it. ( I have distributed the report to everyone and no one has but
few has come
back to me, and those few will not be there on Sunday.

Therefore, considering that the IDN work is the first and most critical and
complex I might add,
I highly recommend that we either reschedule or allot additional day, as
Cary suggested

kind regards,
Sophia