[council] Updated Job Description for discussion

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Tue Nov 20 16:49:22 UTC 2007

I support all of Chucks comments, although one conditionally.

>CG: I suggest that each year we should identify specific skills from the
>above list that are of highest priority for us for the timeframe
>involved.

Although I support highlighting the skills that may be most needed, I
think the overall statement is too highly weighted on "skills". Less
well defined qualities such as perspective may be of value, and we
should give the NomCom leeway in selecting people who can help the
GNSO. As currently stated, having one of the listed of highlighted
skills is mandatory for selection.

Lastly, I would adjust the "at least 20 hours per month" to reflect 3
ICANN meetings and possible other face-to-face meetings. On a
personal note, never having completed my speed-reading course, 20
hours is way low at times when we are hit with large documents to review.

Alan