[council] Proxy voting

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Mon Oct 22 14:58:07 UTC 2007

On 22-Oct-07, at 9:50 AM, Philip Sheppard wrote:

> Update
> There is not a word on proxy voting in the October 15 report from
> the BGC WG.

The BGC makes some very specific recommendations concerning the role
of voting in the new structure. We should consider the impact of the
move towards strategic management and away from voting. If the
process works well, the issue of proxies should be a moot point.

Isn't now the time to start thinking along these lines rather than
continuing to build out the adversarial structure that we are mired
in now?

We have the BGC recommendations - let's focus on making them work.

For the record, I will not vote in favor of any motion to modify our
voting porcesses in advance of the implementation of any of the
recommendations of the BGC WG report that we agree to implement.

-r