[council] Issues Report on specified Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy issues

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Tue Oct 23 19:52:47 UTC 2007

Hi,

This thread brings up the fact hat we did receive the Issue report on
19 October and given our resolve to meet the time limits in the by-
laws, we should be discussing the issues report and voting on whether
to commence a PDP on the issues in the report no later then 3 Nov 2007.

Our schedule is already full for Wednesday and there is nothing on
that schedule I would feel comfortable either shortening the time on,
or moving to a later meeting.  We do have a meeting scheduled for
Thursday 1400-1700 which is slated for an open discussion of input
from the meetings.  I would like to spend 30 minutes of this 3 hour
time slot to discuss the issues report and decide on whether to
initiate the PDP process; i.e. to vote on two motions:

1. Whether to initiate a PDP process as recommended by Staff on page
22 of the issues report:

> 6.1 Staff has confirmed that the proposed issues are within the
> scope of
> the policy development process and the GNSO.  It is reasonable from
> the staff’s perspective to expect that greater precision and certainty
> around the terms of the Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy would be
> beneficial to the community generally, particularly for
> registrants, as
> well as those parties (gTLD registries and registrars) who are
> obligated
> to comply with the policy provisions.  Staff therefore recommends that
> the GNSO Council proceed with a policy development process limited
> to consideration of the issues discussed in this report.

2. Whether to create a Task Force for this purpose.

In the spirit of trying to met the timelines as outlined in the by-
laws, and as supported by the council in our last meting, I hope
there is not a strong objection to allowing this vote to occur as
part of the Thursday meeting.  If there is strong objection, then I
believe we will need to vote on a specific delay as part of the
Wednesday meeting.

thanks

a.