[council] ISO clarification of "This overview should include the text of motions to be voted on at the end of this process"

Rosette, Kristina krosette at cov.com
Fri Sep 7 17:05:49 UTC 2007

I need clarification of "This overview should include the text of
motions to be voted on at the end of this process."

1.  Must motions be seconded not later than September 11 in order to be
included in the overview?

2.  Can motions be amended or revised after September 11? After
September 13?

3.  Will the Council final vote during the LA public GNSO Council
meeting be limited to those motions - and only those motions that have
been included in the "overview"?

My preferred answers are "no" (to 1), "yes" (to 2), and "no" (to 3).

If the answer to 2 is "no" and the answer to 3 is "yes," this process
would seem to contradict the entire purpose of having Constituencies
submit statements, providing a public comment period, and conducting a
Public-Council discussion.  If the motions the Council will vote on in
LA will be set in stone by September 13, it seems to me that we are
communicating to the ICANN community the message that we really don't
care what they think. That's not a message I want to communicate.

Apologies for the "urgent" indicator, but the clock is ticking.

Kristina