[council] Proposed Motion for draft Final Report on Whois and Voting in LA

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue Sep 11 19:07:16 UTC 2007

Hi,

As I understand the motion we took on an end process, we allowed for
any motion a council member wanted to make with the stipulation that
we would vote on all of them before passing the final report on to
the Board with the results of all motions included.  If this motion
succeeds in getting a supermajority, I see at least two things
happening:

  - the final report goes to the board indicating the supermajority
result for no decision at this time.

  - the GSNO council needs to figure out the manner in which it will
process the information gained in
    the studies.

If this motion does not achieve supermajority, it is still attached
to the final report reporting its stauts and the board will know that
this is the considered opinion of a set of council members.

The motions that are presented by the end of today are to be included
with the draft final report and are to be discussed by the
constituencies and the community so that the council members have
guidance in our vote in LA.

I see no basis for refusing the motion given the end process we have
adopted.

thanks
a.