[council] Proposed Motion concerning Council communication to ICANN BoD regarding lack of Whois consensus

Philip Sheppard philip.sheppard at aim.be
Wed Sep 12 10:15:51 UTC 2007

While we are on the subject of procedures for Council...

a. It is bizarre to lay down now motions that reference a hypothetical outcome of a future
GNSO vote.
Please Avri check with legal services on the good sense and by-law compatibility of this.

b. A motion that proposes an outcome to a PDP that is 100% unconnected with the PDP terms of
reference and any discussion (to wit Ross's motion) must be out of order.
At best it relates by title only to the same issue.
Avri, please check this out with legal services also.

A Councillor may propose any nonsense they want at any time: Council is not obliged to
indulge it.
As a long standing member, I would prefer to see us act with common sense, propriety and
rationality.

Philip