[council] ICANN Strategic Plan

Denise Michel denise.michel at icann.org
Wed Sep 12 22:23:33 UTC 2007

Dear Council Members,

As you may already have noted from the posting on the website, and
notices to constituencies, ICANN is engaging in consultation for the
July 2008 – June 2011 Strategic Plan
<http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-2-28jun07.htm>.  At
this stage we are seeking the views of the community on the challenges
and opportunities that ICANN is likely to face over the next three to
five years.

All GNSO constituencies have been asked for input – the comment forum
can be found on at
<http://www.icann.org/planning/consultation-stratplan-2008.htm>.

This is the first part of a multi-phase consultation on the development
of the strategic plan.  During the next phase we will be seeking
comments on the issues paper that is developed from the comments
received during this initial consultation.  Later this month, we will be
seeking comments on the draft plan.  Consultation sessions will also be
conducted at the next ICANN meeting in Los Angeles in late October.  The
time frame is fairly tight as we need to ensure that we have a plan
developed for approval by the Board in December, in accordance with the
ICANN planning calendar.

During this initial stage we do not need a consensus view from the GNSO
Council (although we would welcome one if you would like to provide
one); individual comments are welcome.   In addition, we would be happy
to organize a phone consultation with the Council if you prefer.

Thank you for your support in this important aspect of ICANN’s planning
activity.

Regards,
Denise

Denise Michel