[council] Concluding the work of the Transfers Review WG.

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Tue Sep 18 00:16:47 UTC 2007

Gomes, Chuck wrote:
> Thanks Ross.  Much appreciated.  Regarding your proposed motion, my only
> concern is the time period for constituency comments.  I recognize that
> it says "no less than 14 days" so it could be longer, but I would
> suggest that it be changed to say "no less than 21 days".  Two week
> turn-around for constituencies is often quite hard to do.

Looking back, it probably would have been easier to specify an explicit
timeline for comments. I'd be happy to incorporate a consensus view of
what a proper length of time for comments might be as a friendly
amendment. I'm not aware of any timing considerations that would cause
us to want to opt for a shorter time period. Perhaps we can take
suggestions for a proper timeline on the call this week?

--
Regards,

Ross Rader
Director, Retail Services