[council] Fast Flux Hosting - re stated motions

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Wed Apr 16 17:10:01 UTC 2008

Hi,

Thanks for your note.  and please ignore the note I sent that crossed
this one.

As it has been a council practice of late to delay a vote by a meeting
if there was at least one constituency requesting more time for
consultations, your proposal makes sense.  I will replace the motion
with the new motions, but mark them for discussion and not vote.

In terms of what happens if the PDP succeeds, but the Task force
doesn't,  the by-laws dictate that we then go into deliberation in the
council. In the past, the assumption has been that we then create a
Drafting Team that either drafts a charter for an open working group
or drafts a motion that for council considerations.  As we saw in the
domain tasting case, the motion then, most probably should then go out
for a round of constituency consideration and public comment.  The by-
laws do not require this, and the council could just vote, but given
the trend toward building more consensus as opposed to voting before
having spent time finding consensus, this does not seem advisable at
this point.

a.