[council] Revised Community Travel Support Procedure for FY09

Greg Ruth greg_ruth at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 19 17:50:57 UTC 2008

Basically, I disagree with the notion that some of the travel funding should be allocated to constituencies and some should be earmarked to support WG chairs.  I believe the original intent was not to progress WG efforts, but rather to make sure that all stakeholders (constituencies) have an *equal* opportunity to participate.  (I would think that a responsible WG chair should have been sure of his/her ability to participate *before* accepting the position.)  Therefore, I am in favor of dividing the funding more or less equally among the consituencies and letting each decide how it can best support representation at ICANN meetings.