[council] Revised Community Travel Support Procedure for FY09

Tim Ruiz tim at godaddy.com
Tue Aug 19 19:06:28 UTC 2008

An even split for Cairo may make sense. But WG efforts *are* an intregal
part of the policy process, and the goal of the funding is to broaden
participation in policy processes. So why wouldn't the WGs fall under
that?

My thinking was that as we move more fully to the WG model, finding good
WG Chairs will be a challenge. The prospect of travel funding for ICANN
meetings may prove to be an incentive. If we want some rules around
that, that would make sense - not for Chairs who are also Councilors,
not for Chairs who represent a constituency member, or whatever.

And for the record, I would not accept travel assistance for myself.

Tim