[council] Revised Community Travel Support Procedure for FY09

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Aug 21 21:54:57 UTC 2008

The way I read Norbert's comments, it was not an
accusation of ICANN receiving kickback, but
rather that in a world where such practices are
not unknown (and in some areas, common), it is
hard to convince people that there could be any
other motive for refusing to say money.

The rationale that it does not meet audit
criteria is interesting. It is certainly the case
that (to use Norbert's example, but not to accuse
him of any shady dealings) that if he purchased
the ticket in Cambodia, he might have an
arrangement where the receipt he presented for
repayment could have been "marked up". But if he
does arrive at the meeting and the receipt is for
a fraction of the cost of one purchased in the
US, it sounds rather hard to fault (in my non-auditor opinion).

Alan