[council] Cairo Travel Meeting - 28 August

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Aug 28 03:48:03 UTC 2008

Hi,

Agenda:

Duration; 1 hour max
Note: This is a non voting meeting - any decisions will need to be
confirmed by the meeting on 4 Sept

1. Allocation of travel slots for Cairo
2. If there is time and inclination: discussion of next steps in
responding to the Staff Determined Travel Policy (SDTP) for the GNSO.

The information for 28 August meeting.

Default Travel spots:

BC - Mike Rodenbaugh.
IPC - Ute Decker
ISPC - Tony Harris
NCUC - Robin Gross
RrC - Clarke Walton
RyC -  Carolyn Hoover

This leaves 4 spots and 5 names

BC- Zahid Jamil
BC - Philip Sheppard
IPC - Kristina Rosette
ISPC - Greg Ruth
NCUC - Norbert Klein

However: Ute Decker and Greg Ruth can get partial support (travel +
some expenses) because of Nomcom status.

While I am waiting for confirmation I do believe there are funds that
can be used to cover the balance from a budget other then the Staff
Determined Travel Policy budget.

We have been informed, definitely, that the SDTP will only provide
full coverage and will not allow for partial support or for splitting
support between 2 people.

thanks
a.

Excepts from email with requests:

The BC needs for travel support for Cairo are:
1. Mike Rodenbaugh.

2. Zahid Jamil who writes:
"I will be unable to attend Cairo without support for air fare and
hotel since the organisation I represent is a very small entity,
without any available funding."

3. Philip Sheppard who writes:
"I request travel support in my representative capacity on behalf of
commercial users who are affected by ICANN policies. While my
association is willing to donate my time it is profoundly unreasonable
to expect it to also fund out of pocket travel costs for work that is
fundamental to ICANN when ICANN's budget is in excess of USD 60
million".

This is an official request to let you know that NCUC would like to
request travel and lodging support for two of its GNSO Councillors:
1)     Robin Gross
2)     Norbert Klein.

IPC
1. Full funding for Ute Decker; and
2. Partial funding (hotel only) for Kristina Rosette.

The submission from the ISPCP for travel support for the Cairo meeting
are;
1. Tony Harris
2. Greg Ruth

The RyC requests Cairo travel funding for Carolyn Hoover, Chief
Executive Officer, DotCooperation LLC (.coop).  Carolyn would not be
able to attend the ICANN meetings in Cairo without travel funding
assistance.  She has been a consistent and constructive participant in
ICANN policy matters within the RyC ever since dotCOOP joined the RyC
many years ago, so we are very pleased that she will be able to
participate in-person in Cairo.  She is committed to actively
participating in as many ICANN open meetings as possible and to
especially represent the views of a small gTLD registry.

The Registrar Constituency requests travel funding for Clarke Walton
for the Cairo meeting.  Clarke is responsible for assisting the
Registrar Constituency with all facets of the GNSO policy development
process.