[council] Travel support draft text

Philip Sheppard philip.sheppard at aim.be
Mon Dec 8 08:38:50 UTC 2008

Olga, thanks for circulating this.
Seems fine.
On reporting I think we can be transparent without being bureaucratic and burdensome on
volunteers.
There is no merit in 15 Council members all writing a report saying "I attended a Council
meeting".
Moreover, I presume the system is that Constituencies nominate who gets the support but then
the individual still needs to apply to ICANN staff for that support ?
If so staff is fully informed of who gets what and other staff is fully informed of who
attended what.
Suggest the following instead:
Philip

Transparency and Reporting:

ICANN staff will publish the names of all those who receive travel support together with a
list of the relevant meeting(s) for which the support was given and which were attended by
the support recipient.