[council] RAA Motion

Liz Gasster liz.gasster at icann.org
Thu Dec 11 21:46:48 UTC 2008

All,

Staff would like to suggest the following draft language for the two motions being discussed:

Whereas:
- ICANN has undertaken a lengthy consultative process related to amending the Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA);
- The community has arrived at a set of amendments that are generally thought to be worthy of inclusion in the RAA;
- It is the opinion of ICANN legal counsel and the ICANN Board that implementation of RAA amendments requires a consensus policy level vote (>66%) of the GNSO Council.

Resolve:
The GNSO Council supports the attached RAA amendments and recommends to the Board that they be adopted.

Second motion:

Whereas:
- The GNSO Counsel has recommended that the RAA amendments developed by the ICANN community be adopted;
- There is a belief that additional amendments to the RAA may be required;
- The Registrar Constituency is open to continuing the dialogue about future changes to the RAA;

Resolve:
The GNSO Council will form a Working Group to review the superset of community-suggested RAA issues and amendments not addressed in the present Consensus Policy and work with the Registrar Constituency to develop a procedure for proposing additional amendments in the future.

Thanks, Liz