[council] Alternative RAA Motion

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Fri Dec 12 14:55:50 UTC 2008

There is apparently some confusion whether I submitted this motion as
a position supported by ALAC or At-Large.

I thought the wording was clear, but since it obviously was not, I
will clarify.

I submitted this motion on my own behalf, not because I was
advocating it, but because I volunteered at the last Council meeting
to work with Chuck to craft a motion which embodied my understanding
of the options presented by Kurt Pritz. When Chuck did not feel
comfortable presenting this action, in consultation with Avri, we
decided that both of us would table our motions (mine in case anyone
wanted to formally propose it since I have no rights to do this).

Following the Cairo meeting, it became obvious that some At-Large
people felt very uncomfortable accepting the complete set of proposed
RAA amendments. We asked for a direct briefing by Kurt or other staff
to review the options (similar to what was presented to the GNSO in
Cairo). Unfortunately, I understand that staff were not available and
it has not yet happened.

Alan