[council] Draft motions on Registration Abuse Policy

Tim Ruiz tim at godaddy.com
Fri Dec 12 17:26:15 UTC 2008

> The GNSO Council members will consult with their constituencies
> in preparation for a vote on a PDP and other possible motions at
> the Council meeting on 8 January.

Thank you Avri. The problem with motions like the ones flying around
here in the last day and a half (less than 7 days before our meeting) is
the Council is not like the Board (no matter what some like to claim).
The Councilors represent their constituents and need time to consult
with them on various issues and decisions before voting. Even seven days
is really cutting it short.

Hopefully the PPSC PDP Team will take this into account and require -
without exception - a reasonable notice period for motions that allows
for constituency consultation. Once Councilors have a good handle on the
views of their constituents regarding a particular motion, they will be
in a much better position to *negotiate* necessary amendments that
address the needs/concerms of their constituents and can vote in a more
informed manner.

Tim