[council] Alternative RAA Motions

Daniel Halloran daniel.halloran at icann.org
Fri Dec 12 23:36:12 UTC 2008

Chuck,

resolution would meet the requirements of the current RAA. ("Resolved: The
GNSO Council supports the attached RAA amendments and recommends to the
Board that they be adopted.")

RAA section 5.4 provides that any amendments to the form of the RAA need to
be adopted according to the requirements of RAA section 4.3.1, which says
that we'll need "a recommendation, adopted by at least a two-thirds vote of
the [GNSO] council [that the amended RAA] should be established."
<http://www.icann.org/en/registrars/ra-agreement-17may01.htm#4.3.1>

I hope this is helpful.  Please let me know if I can be of any other
assistance.

Best regards,
Daniel Halloran
Deputy General Counsel